POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : amapi question ?? : Re: amapi question ?? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: amapi question ??
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 9 Oct 2001 09:49:28
Message: <3bc30068@news.povray.org>

> i could accomplish this
> by progressively deleting large sections of the mesh in copies of the
> original, but i don't know how to do it.  i'm using the 4.15 freebie
> version.

I think it's possible do simple CSG feature with Amapi. The tool is the
"cut" one (a sphere with a smaller one cut from it).
Create a small grid, place it where it should cut the mesh, and then use the
cut tool. Select the cutting object (the grid), then the mesh and then
choose one of the various options available with the + and - keys.
I've done this before but I'm not very familiar with Amapi's CSG. There may
be a better way.

> i've got one medium-sized issiehugger that matt giwer gave me in the
> c.g.r.r. group that i'm willing to trade for this information.

Please ship it back to Tampa, Florida, which is Mr Giwer's residence. You
don't know what sort of deadly toxins a issiehugger could be containing.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com